The Agroecology (Food Security) Bill is an initiative of the Agroecology Alliance, which was launched at the Oxford Real Farming Conference in January 2013.
The Alliance has a broad? membership of organisations and individuals who share concerns? about the economic, environmental and social sustainability of agriculture and food production in the UK and the rest of the world. Its? founding members and/or supporters of the Bill include (in alphabetical order):
- Campaign for Real Farming
- Centre for Agroecology and Food Security (CAFS)
- Compassion in World Farming
- Friends of the Earth England Wales and Northern Ireland
- Organic Research Centre
- Permaculture Association
- The Soil Association
- War on Want
- World Society for the Protection of Animals
It is the Alliance’s? belief that mainstreaming เครดิต ทดลอง เล่น ฟรี 1000agroecology is the way to reform food production for the better and? its mission is to advocate a change in the way in which we look at food and the practise farming.
The emphasis is on food sovereignty: the need to reconnect people with the food system that nourishes them. In order to do that, the Alliance will work to mobilise networks and build new alliances – in the UK and beyond – to create a movement in order to
- promote new approaches, supported by R&D funding
- educate and inform, making scientific research and evidence accessible,
- engage with policy makers, helping farmers and small scale food producers to have their views heard.
The Bill is aimed at raising awareness about agroecology, and the need for a transition away from how we currently produce and distribute food. It has the support of the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Agroecology.